Grandparents* + Grandchildren Learn Together!
Social Distancing doesn’t mean Emotional Distancing.
Open to learners in Grade 5-7 and their grandparent(s) or family elder.
You choose the day and time. Computers with cameras and microphones needed along with a family member who can set up a video meeting link.
Each hour-long monthly session will include two parts:
Part 1) The session will start with a reciprocal interview, children and elderly family members playing the roles of interviewer and interviewee, asking each other questions, listening to responses, and also responding to questions themselves.
Along the way, favorite stories are enjoyed anew, and new stories and perspectives are shared for the first time. Examples of the thoughtful questions include:
- Can you tell me your first, or a favorite early memory you have of me?
- Do you have a favorite teacher who’s making a positive impact on your life?
- Name three things you have in common with me.
Part 2) Each month the pair will be directed to learn about a theme based on materials and options provided.
- Renewal (September)
- Lifelong Learning (October)
- Holiness (November)
- Miracles (December)
- Living Jewishly (January)
- Joy (February)
- Freedom (March)
- Hope (April)
* Any family elder can participate in place of a grandparent. We will provide training for the grandparent prior to the start of the program and check in three times during the year.
Tuition: $150 for grandparent/grandchild pair. Included in tution for JJP students in Grade 5-7.
For more information, please contact Rabbi Lori Forman-Jacobi at Rabbi Lori Forman-Jacobi (email@example.com) , Director.
To schedule a 30 minute Zoom session with Rabbi Lori, please click here.