The B-Mitzvah Launch- 6th grade
This fall sixth graders will participate in the new class:
Weekly Core Class: Are We There Yet?: 40 Years of Trekking, Tribes, and a Talking Donkey
One monthly Intensive – See choices below
Hebrew Homepage 12 – 60 minutes sessions with a 1:1 tutor
Participation in The Interview Game for grandparents and grandparets
Intensives choices are:
Family Program: During spring 2021, we will have a family program to bring parents and students together before their B-Mitzvah year.
$2,900 (same tuition as 2019-2020)
$2,400 (discounted tuition for families financially effected by COVID)
The B-Mitzvah Year- 7th grade
The B-Mitzvah program ushers your child into young Jewish adulthood and lays the groundwork for continuing active participation in the Jewish community.
You can join other Jewish Journey Project families in a beautiful and unique group ceremony, or have an individual celebration for your child with family and friends.
Whichever option you choose, your child will participate in a weekly class that includes a core class each semester, collaboration on a group advocacy project, and preparation of an individual project in response to his or her Torah portion. Students also choose on a monthly Intensive and continue to study Hebrew with Hebrew Homepage to learn to chant Torah.
There are a number of component of the B-Mitzvah year:
- Weekly core class, Remembering to Rebuilding: The Holocaust to the State of Israel
- One monthly Intensive – See choices above
- Monthly meetings with a teacher in your home or online to help your child choose, plan, and create their individual project which they will present at their B-Mitzvah ceremony. Learners can focus on their Torah portion or a question of philosophy, ethics, or history.
- Family Learning: B-Mitzvah children and parents come together three times during the year for family learning on Sunday afternoons. This enables families and children to further their friendships and delve into Jewish learning together.
- The Group Off-the-Bimah Bar/Bat Mitzvah: At one of our three beautiful communal ceremonies in 2021 – offered in May, October and December – participants share their group advocacy project as well as the individual projects they have developed over the year. Participating families can invite a limited number of family members and friends to a brunch following the ceremony.
- Individual Off-the-Bimah Bar/Bat Mitzvah: An option for families who want to celebrate with family and friends at an alternative, non-liturgical private ceremony. Learners participate in the same preparation as for the Group Bar/Bat Mitzvah, but the ceremony is private and is crafted with the family and B-Mitzvah student.</li>
- Traditional Bar Mitzvah: If your child and family would prefer to prepare for a traditional Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony in the context of a prayer service with Torah reading, JJP staff can introduce you to local synagogues and to other community rabbis who work with students one-on-one.
Tuition 2020 – 2021
$6000 – includes preparation and participation in JJP Off-the-Bimah ceremony. Additional fees will apply for an Independent B-Mitzvah.
For more information, contact Rabbi Lori Forman-Jacobi, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org